Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai, Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences, invites applications for National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2014.
The National Entrance Screening Test or NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the 5 year Integrated M.Sc. programme in basic sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics - at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UN-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and CBS are autonomous institutions established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, in 2007.
- Candidates seeking admission to NISER and UM-DAE CBS for the academic session 2014-15 should be from science stream (having any combination of Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics) at class XII and must write the NEST-2014 examination.
- Candidates who have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognised Board in India in 2012 or 2013 or are appearing in 2014 can apply for NEST-2014.
- Admission will be offered strictly on the basis of Merit List of NEST-2014.
- Candidates securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in class XII examination will finally be eligible for admission to NISER and CBS. Where only letter grades are available, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks is required. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of the Admission Committee of the concerned Institution will be final.
General and OBC category candidates born on or after 22nd July 1994 are eligible to apply. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST / Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online and offline.
- Candidates may send request letter to the Chief Coordinator NEST-2014 at the address given below for paper-copy of the application form.
- The candidate should fill up the form, attach photo, sign and return the completed application form along with the application fees (in the form of DD) to the Chief Coordinator by post, preferably speed post.
- Incomplete application form or form without DD will be summarily rejected.
For male candidates of General / OBC candidates: Rs 700/-.
For SC / ST / PD candidates: Rs 350/-.
Last date for receiving request for paper application form is 20th Feb 2014.
Closing online / offline application on 08th March 2014.
Download and dispatch of admit cards from 08th April 2014.
NEST 2014 examination on 31st May 2014.
The Chief Coordinator, NEST-2014,
NISER, Institute of Physics Campus,
Sachivalaya Marg, Sainik School (PO),
Bhubaneswar - 751005, Odisha.