University of Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi is all set to conduct National Eligibility Test (NET) for the year 2014 on 29th June.
UGC NET June 2014 exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor posts, both in Indian universities and colleges.
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility conditions before applying for the examination.
- Candidates who have secured 55% of marks in relevant discipline in master's degree or equivalent examination are eligible for the test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing for the qualifying Master's degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Assistant Professor eligibility only after they have passed their Master's degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD (persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their PG degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD category are required to submit attested copy of the category certificate along with online printout of their application forms (obtained while applying on-line).
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate with Master's degree of recognised Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D degree) regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in universities / colleges / institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.