Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani issued online application for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2014).
BITSAT 2014 is conducted for admission to first - year degree programmes of BITS Pilani at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad campus for the academic year 2014-15.
About BITSAT 2014:
- The ‘Computer - Based Online test' means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor, and the candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse.
- Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer.
- This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates.
- BITSAT-2014 will be offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his / her convenience to take the test, as described in the later sections.
- Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects, and should have adequate proficiency in English.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2014 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2013 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2014 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects / courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2011 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2014.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2014.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit basis. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2014.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
The admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations. This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2014 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2014, score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS website by 20th May, 2014.