Anna University, Chennai, is set to conduct Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2014 on 22nd and 23rd March.
TANCET 2014 exam is conducted for admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Application (MCA), Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Engineering (ME), Master in Architecture (M.Arch) and Master in Planning (M.Plan) courses.
Also Read: How to fill TANCET 2014 Application Form
The question paper will have sections to :
- Evaluate the candidate's ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
- Test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
The question paper will have the following sections:
- Quantitative ability
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical reasoning
- Computer awareness
A few questions may also be on verbal activity, basic Science, etc.
For M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan:
- The question paper will have three parts.
- Part-5 and Part-II are compulsory and under Part-III the candidates have to choose any one section out of 14 based on his / her specialisation.