The Education Common Entrance Test (Ed.CET 2014) would be conducted by the Convener Ed.CET 2014, Department of Education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
Ed.CET 2014 exam is conducted for admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) regular mode in Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2014-15.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates should satisfy local / non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order 1974, as subsequently amended.
- Candidates should have passed / be appearing for final year examinations of B.A / B.Sc / B.Sc (Home Science) / B.Com / BCA / BBM at the time of submitting the application for Ed.CET-2014. Candidates are required to produce marks and pass certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates must have secured 50% in Bachelor's degree (40% for SC/ST candidates).
Scheme of the examination:
The common entrance test will have questions of objective type (multiple choice). Candidates have to answer 150 questions in two hours time.
Medium of the entrance test:
The question paper will be in English and Telugu, except for English methodology. However, candidates opting to write the entrance test in Urdu medium will be served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall opt either Hyderabad or Kurnool as test Centre.
How to apply:
1. Candidates have to apply online.
2. Candidate has to pay Rs. 150/- as registration and application processing fee and late fee (as applicable) by opting any of the following two modes of payment:
- AP Online / E-Seva / Mee Seva.
- Debit / Credit Card.
3. After filling the online application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press submit button. The filled online application form will be generated which contains the registration number along with filled in details. Take print out of filled in online application form. Use the registration number for any future correspondences.
- Last date for submission of application form is 24th April 2014.
- Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs 500/- is 30th April 2014.
- Ed.CET 2014 exam would be held on 02nd June 2014.
Ed.CET 2014 Office,
Examination Block (Ground Floor),
A.U.College of Engineering (Autonomous),
Visakhapatnam - 530003.
Tel: 0891 - 2579797.