Delhi University, is all set to conduct international conference on 'International Law and Intellectual Property Laws'. The conference is jointly conducted by Faculty of Law (Department of Delhi University) and ISIL (Indian Society of International Law). Students can register themselves by logging on to the official website of Delhi University.
This international conference is primarily academic in nature but we are confident that it has the potential to offer immense exposure and intellectual stimulus to its participants from other disciplines and fields. Apart from meeting people in candidates' own sphere, the conference would provide an exposure to new ideas in contemporary international law and intellectual property laws in an interdisciplinary and comparative manner.
The wide range of invitees from various international law schools and universities, from the government, industry, domestic academia, judiciary and advocates of repute would also allow the candidate to cultivate a relationship after the conference.
Topics to be covered:
- Contemporary Developments in International Law
- Jurisdictional Issues in International Law
- Diplomatic Immunities-Vienna Convention
- Regional Blocks and Integration
- Entrepreneurship in India and Third World
- International Investment/ Economic Law
- New Developments Intellectual Property Law: all its constituents
- Intellectual Property Law Interface with Competition
- Public Interest in IP laws
- Judicial process and Enforcement of IP
- Drug Regulation, Health Care and Access to Medicine: Genetic Drugs; Unfair Competition
- Industrial Design and Geographical Indication Law
- Good Practice Examples in Business and Innovation field
- Pedagogy of Teaching IPRs Laws
Call for papers:
Papers introductory in nature would not be entertained. Paper presentation is not necessary for participation. Research Papers focusing on developments post 2009 are invited on any of the themes. Papers may be sent to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. The abstracts should not exceed 300 words (3 small paras). It should indicate: 1. Title of Paper 2. Presenter's brief description name, current designation, educational qualification, professional status and experience in 100 words only. The accepted papers would be given 10-15 minute time capsule and no more.
- Last date to submit the abstract: 1st March, 2014
- Last date to submit full abstract: 10th March, 2014
- Date of conference: 22nd -23rd March, 2014