Union Territory of Lakshadweep, Department of Electricity , Kavaratti invited application from eligible candidates to fill up posts of Engine Driver/ Attendant/ Lineman/ Helper. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 31 August 2015.
Name and Number of Posts
Engine Driver/ Attendant/ Lineman/ Helper: 18 Posts
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess Matriculation (10th Standard) Pass or equivalent from recognized Board or University or Institute and ITI Certificate in the appropriate trade with the relevant post- qualification experience in the concerned field (if any).
- Age limit: 18 to 25 years
Pay Band (PB - 1) and Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 1,800/- Per Month.
How to apply?
Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed format with complete details of Bio- data along with attested photo copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date fo birth, qualifications, experience, category (SC/ ST/ PWD), Discharge Certificate etc. and a recent passport size photograph must affix on the application form may be forwarded to the "Executive Engineer (Ele), Union Territory of Lakshadweep, Kavaratti - 682 555"
Last Date to Apply - 31st August, 2015
About Department of Electricity, Kavaratti
Initially, Electricity Department was functioning as a part of Lakshadweep Public Works Department. It was in December, 1972 that an officer from Central Water and Power Commission was deputed to fill the post of Assistant Executive Engineer. Though the Head quarter office of the Electricity Department was at Kavaratti, it was designated as Electrical Division, Kavaratti having the status of an independent Sub division, which was headed by an Assistant Executive Engineer.
The Headquarters of Electricity Department was shifted to Kochi in February 1973 and was re-shifted to Kavaratti in May 1981 and since then the Department is functioning at Kavaratti. The Department is now functioning under an Executive Engineer at Kavaratti since June 1997.
Lakshadweep, the Department of Electricity is the nodal department for implementation of projects under ‘POWER' & ‘NON CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES'. The Department has mainly the following functions:
1. Generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in all islands in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
2. Collection of revenue from the consumers.
3. Maintenance of Proforma Accounts of the Department.
4. Internal electrification of Govt. buildings for and on behalf of L.P.W.D.
5. Implementation of Non Conventional Energy Sources Projects in the UnionTerritory of Lakshadweep.
6. Implementation of Integrated Rural Energy Programme in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep.