Bangalore, May 14: The cut-off marks for admission to Pre University courses for the academic year 2015-16 remain static and will not be revised.
According to sources, colleges in city have different cut off marks, and it depends on the course the student opt. For Science courses the cut-off will be between 60% and 97% while some top colleges in the city fixed 90+ percentage. The cut-off percentage vary for commerce stream. 94% is fixed as highest cut off marks in some of the colleges in the city.
Admission to Arts stream are opened as long as colleges avail seats to candidates who have secured 40 percent.
However, top colleges including Mount Carmel College, St Joseph's PU College and Christ PU College in the city have denied to disclose details on cut-off marks and admissions.
Refusing to disclose the information in this regard one of the staffers in the Mount Carmel college said " The information on cut-off can be availed during the admission".
Responding on the same lines Christ college authorities said," The details about cut-offs will be disclosed while allotting seats."
Meanwhile, colleges that offer integrated courses for CET coaching and IIT have already closed admissions before they receive the official notification from the Department of PU Education.
According to Indian Express, a parent said, "I have admitted my daughter at V V S Sardar Patel High School for integrated courses through entrance test based on preparatory marks and they have also confirmed admissions to PU courses and started classes also."
Some colleges in the city including Vijaya PU College, National College, Basavanagudi and Jayanagar, BMS PU College and Vasavi College have started issuing application forms from Wednesday.
As per the circular issued by the PUE Department, colleges must follow the calendar of events. Speaking to Express, Sushama Godbole, Director, PUE Department, said, "Colleges have to stick to the calendar and those who have already completed the process or selling application forms for higher prices will face action if we get evidence against them."
Admission Calendar for I PU Courses
Students seeking admission to I PU courses have to download the application from the department website www.pue.kar.nic.in or can get it from the colleges.
- Colleges have to publish course-wise roster and reservation on their websites by May 14 and also display the same on flex boards at their premises.
- May 18: Last date to issue applications
- May 23: Last date to receive filled applications
- May 26: Roster-wise list of merit candidates
- May 27: First list of selected students
- May 30: Last date to pay admission fee for those selected in first list
- June 5: Second list of candidates
- June 9: Last date to pay fees for those selected in second list
- June 13: Third list of students
- June 15: Commencement of I PU classes
- June 17: Last date to pay fees for those selected in third list
- June 22: Announcement of list of students admitted by paying fees and announcement of cut-off percentages
- June 25: If there are seats available, last date for selected students to pay fees
- June 27: Final list of total students admitted to the college and admission without penal fee
- June 28-July 5: Admission by paying late fee of Rs 504
- July 6-13: Special admission with late fee of Rs 1,680 + Rs 504
- August 8: Last date for those who have passed in SSLC supplementary exams to get admission to PU courses without penal fee
- If any college is harassing students or parents by collecting excess application fees or rejecting admissions, complaints can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org