The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), invites applications for its National Eligibility Test (NET) 2014. CSIR conducts this examination jointly with University Grants Commission (UGC), in order to select lecturers and researchers. Eligible candidates can apply online by logging on to the official website of the council.
- Applicants should hold a degree in BS-4 years programme/BE /B.Tech/ B. Pharma/ MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc or an equivalent degree/BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D programme with at least 55 per cent marks for General & OBC (50 percent for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates)
- Candidates with bachelor's degree, whether science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.D/ integrated Ph.D. programme within the validity period of two years.
- For General: Rs. 400
- For Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs. 200
- For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH): Rs. 100
How to apply:
Interested candidates are required to take a print-out of the duly filled application form available on the official website of CSIR. They need to send in the form with the applicable examination fee to the Sr. Controller of Examination, Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIP Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi, PIN - 110012.
- Starting date of online registration: 10th February, 2014
- Closing date of online registration: 4th March, 2014
- Last date of submitting online application fee: 3rd March, 2014
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy/ printout of online application: 8th March, 2014
- Last date for receipt of application from candidates of far-flung areas: 14th March, 2014
For more details click here.