College of Engineering, Pune has announced a one week faculty development programme on "Nanomaterials Characterisation and Applications in Devices".
This faculty development programme is organised by the Department of Physics, CoE, Pune.
Objective of the programme:
- To realise the relevance of the course.
- To provide the knowledge about emerging nanomaterials for various device applications in the field of electronic devices, sensors, optoelectronic devices, electronics, nonlinear optics, biomedical etc.
- Advances in the field of characterisation techniques.
- Advances in the physics of semiconductor materials
- Quantum dots, nanowires, naorods and nanotubes synthesis techniques
- Characterisation techniques for nanomaterials by X RD, TEM, AFM, SEM, STM, XPS, UV-Vis spectroscopy, FTIR, Raman spectroscopy etc.
- Optical, magnetic, catalytic, electrical, electronic and mechanical properties of nanomaterials
- Applications of nanomaterials in sensors, optoelectronic devices, electronics and optical switching.
Faculty members of Engineering and Science colleges, research scholars and industrial personnel can take part in the programme.
- Academic institutions: Rs. 3500/-
- Industries: Rs. 5000/-
A duly filled application must be sent along with the demand draft drawn in favour of the "Director, College of Engineering, Pune", payable at Pune.
The programme will be conducted between 7th and 11th April, 2014
Last date for receiving the applications is 10th March, 2014.
For further information and to apply, click here