The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has joined hands with the India-Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) to conduct a week long Creative Expression Contest. The contest is being held from September 21 to 28.
The details about the competition are listed below:
- The entries can be submitted in three categories- Classes 1 to 5, Classes 6 to 8 and Classes 9 to 12
- The students are allowed to submit their entry in any of the 22 languages, as well as English
- For the students in Classes 1 to 5 it will be a painting competition on the theme 'India-Africa' relations
- For the students in Classes 6 to 8 it will be a 500-word essay or poem competition, on the theme 'Common threads between India and Africa with reference to the History, Culture and Literature'
- For the students in Classes 9 to 12 it will be a 700-word essay or poem competition, on any of these three themes- ' Mahatma Gandhi and Africa', ' Folk Tales and Literature of Africa' or ' India-Africa Relations: The way forward'
- The schools will conduct the competition and select the best entry and submit it to their respective Regional Offices of CBSE
- Each Regional Office will select five best entries in each category and submit those to the Joint Secretary and In-charge (Academic and Training), CBSE
- At the regional level, the prizes will begin at Rs 3,000 and the first prize will be of Rs 15,000
- At the national level, the third prize is for Rs 20,000, second prize for Rs 30,000 and the first prize for Rs 40,000
- The winners will also receive a certificate of merit
- The entries will be chosen on the basis of originality of content and creative expression