There are hardly two more days to go for the CAT exam 2016 that is scheduled on 4 December and candidates are required to follow certain etiquttes in and outside the exam hall. Here are ten instructions that you need to follow to have an organised examination session released by IIM:
- Firstly, download the admit card from CAT official website before it becomes too late. Admit cards will not be available after the exam session. Visit iimcat.ac.in and search for the admit card link to download and save it. Take a print out of it and carry it to the exam hall.
- Go through the instructions written on the admit card and follow it.
- The exam will be held in two shifts. The morning shift is at 7.30 am and the afternoon shift is at 1.00 pm. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall if they reach the venue late.
- No other documents than admit card and original identity proof with photo will be permitted inside the test hall.
- Those who wish to use a scribe for their exam must avail the scribe affidavit from the CAT website. The scribe will also need a photo identity original and xerox.
- Submit your admit cards to the invigilator for reference. Since it is a one time permit card, the admit cards will not be returned back however.
- Gadgets such as watch, mobile phone, earphone, microphone, pager, health band or any other electronic items, any printed/blank/hand written paper, pencil box, pouch, calculator etc will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
- Candidates should not wear shoes or any other closed footwear. If any of them do, they will have to leave the footwear (including socks) outside the exam hall. Open footwear like chappals, sandals etc can be worn.
- Candidates are advised to keep their hands clean and free of any temporary tattoos mehendi because, they will need to impress a finger print on the exam day. Those whose prints cannot be impressed due to application of mehendi in hands, will also not be permitted to write the exam.
Also Read: MBA admissions in University of Jammu