Admissions for Footwear Design and Development Institute has been opened. The institute will hold an entrance exam for admission to its Master's and Bachelor's programmes. The candidates who are interested in applying for the same will be required to appear for FDDI All India Selection Test (AIST).
According to the official notification, the programmes on offered by FDDI are conducted in association with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) from the last academic session onwards. The allocation of the examination centres will be done on priority basis.
Three years bachelor's degree programmes
- BSc Footwear Design and Production
- BSc Retail and Fashion Merchandise
- BSc Fashion Leather accessory Design
Two years master's degree programmes
MSc Footwear Design and Production
MSc Retail and Fashion Merchandise
MSc Creative Design CAD/CAM
- The selection of the candidates is based on the entrance exam called All India Selection Test (AIST).
- It consists of computer based questions that has multiple choices to answer.
- The allocation of the programme and campus for the candidate will be on the basis of his/her rank and preference.
- Qualified candidates would be called for the counselling with preference in the order of his/her rank.
Exam pattern for FDDI AIST
- The time allotted for the entrance exam is 2.5 hours
- It will be conducted in English and Hindi languages
- The paper will consist of total 150 objective type questions
- Each question will carry one mark
- There will be no negative marking
Paper pattern for FDDI AIST
For post graduate programmes
- Section A has quantitative aptitude and reasoning carrying 45 marks for a duration of 45 minutes. Section B is based on English with 45 marks for 45 minutes
- Section C has general awareness for 30 marks and 30 minutes
- Section D has questions from Business Aptitude for 30 marks and 30 minutes
- Totally there are 150 marks for 150 minutes
For under graduate programmes
- Section A has Mathematics based questions for 45 marks to be completed within 45 minutes
- Section B is based on General Science for 30 marks and 30 minutes
- Section C has English for 45 marks and 45 minutes
- Section D is from General Awareness for 30 marks and 30 minutes
- Totally there are 150 questions for 150 marks
How to apply for FDDI AIST?
Interested, eligible candidates are required to apply at the official website www.fddiindia.com
Dates to Remember
- The last date for submission of application is May 22.
- FDDI AIST 2017will be conducted from June 9 to 11.
- Results will be declared on June 30.
- New session will commence from August 1.