Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi conducts All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) 2015 for admission to MBBS, BDS courses in government medical / dental colleges across India to fill 15% of All India quota seats.
Students must have to know the admission procedure for 15% All India Quota Seats and Reservation for these seats for reserved category candidates.
An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in AIPMT 2015 examination.
Candidate shall be admitted to MBBS / BDS courses under 15% All India Quota Seats and seats under the control of participating state governments/ Universities / Institutions as in the list in information bulletin.
Admissions in State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / AFMC Pune other than 15% All India Quota:
- In case a State / University / Institution opts to admit students in its medical colleges from the merit list of AIPMT 2015, it may prepare separate rank list based on All India rank in AIPMT and other criteria decided by it.
- List of States / Universities / Institutions that have decided to use the result of AIPMT 2014 as in the list in Information Bulletin.
- Candidates seeking admission in seats other than 15% All India Quota are advised to visit the websites of State / University / Institution as mentioned in bulletin, and contact their authorities concerned in advance for eligibility criteria and other details for admission.
- Admission to Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate of Armed Force medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for AIPMT 2015 and also seeking admission in AFMC will have to apply on the website of AFMC .
Reservation of Seats in Government Medical Colleges Under 15% All India Quota:
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer of OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats:
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.