AIPMT 2014 registration has already started from 1st December 2013.
CBSE will prepare the list of successful candidates of AIPMT 2014 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 issued under All India Medical Council Act-1956.
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Under clause (2) to (4) of MCI's regulation, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the. qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4 and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive Entrance Test by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology taken together in the competitive examination.
- In respect of the candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology taken in qualifying examination and competitive examination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) be 40% marks instead of 50% for General candidates.
- Further, for persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive Entrance Test and in case of selection for admission to the MBBS course, he shall not be admitted to that course until he fulfils the eligibility criteria under Regulation(4).
A list of the successful candidates in order of merit based on the score obtained in the examination will be prepared by the Board and forwarded to the counselling authorities for the purpose of allotment of seats.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the AIPMT 2014 , will be as follows:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the Test.
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
Merit / Wait List for counselling under 15% All India Quota:
The merit list of the eligible and successful Candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score obtained in the AIPMT 2014. The merit list will be equal to the number of seats available for allotment in MBBS / BDS courses under 15% All India Quota. There shall also be a waiting list equal to 4 times of the merit list. The list of successful candidates (Merit List / Waiting List) shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats by Online counselling.