The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi is all set to conduct MBBS course counselling from July 08.
The list of successful candidates, who are been called for counselling, with their ranks, are also available on the website.
- First round of MBBS counselling will commence from July 08 to 11. Second round of counselling will commence from Aug 11. Third round of counselling will be held from Sept 09.
- The counselling for allocation of seats in all seven AIIMS for admission to MBBS course will be held from 9.00 AM at the Jawaharlal Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Candidates who have been called for the counselling have to bring their original necessary document / certificates to the venue.
- In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories.
The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination by a medical Board set up by the Institute, consisting of Faculty Members of the institute. If, in the assessment of the Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit to be admitted to the course, then he/she will be rejected and not admitted and the decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next candidate in order of merit will be admitted.
For allocation of seats, candidates are required to be present in person. Candidates will exercise their choice of the Institute when called during the counseling as per their rank in respective category.