Official notification for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) for 2016-17 has been released by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The exam will be conducted on January 17th.
The registration for the AICTE CMAT exams 2016-17 starts today, i.e. 3rd November, 2015 and last day for the registration is 10th of December, 2015
The examination is conducted for post graduate admissions in management field. This test was conducted twice a year but recently the the council decided to conduct it only once a year.
Important Dates for AICTE CMAT 2016-17
- Registration Starts - 3rd Nov, 2015
- Last day to apply - 10th Dec, 2015
- Admit Card Download - 5th Dec, 2015
- CMAT Exam Date - 17th Jan, 2015
- CMAT Result - 21st Jan, 2015
How to Apply for AICTE CMAT 2016 Exam?
- Visit their official website
- First time you will enter as NEW USER. Here you will read the instructions carefully, accept the declaration and proceed.
- Now you need to do Self Registration.
- Once you SUBMIT this page, you cannot edit any data entered on this page.
- Submitting this page will generate a unique 6 digit password.
- This password will be shown on your screen and will be sent to you via E-mail and SMS.
- Now, whenever you wish to login to the registration portal, you will come as an EXISTING USER and login with your e-mail id and this unique 6 digit password.
- This completes your self-registration.
- Payment can be done in either of the modes given below
- Online payment
- Cash payment in SBI Bank
- After the payment fill in the remaining part of the form.
CMAT Test Fee
- General/OBC: Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/PD: Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable
- In Foreign Countries: $125 + Bank charges as applicable
Eligibility Criteria for AICTE CMAT 2016-17 Exam
This entrance exam has its own set of eligibility criteria for the candidates. Below are the details
- Candidate must be citizen of India
- Graduates from any discipline
- Final Year students of a graduation course whose result will be declared before CMAT admission can also apply
- Management (PGDM, MBA and similar)
- Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination
- Management (PGCM)
- Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration
- Management (Executive PGDM)
- Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial / supervisory experience.
Details of AICTE CMAT 2016-17 Exam
- The exam consists of 4 sections
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation,
- Logical Reasoning,
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness.
- Number of Questions per sections -25
- Duration of the exam - 180 minutes
- Correct answer-4 marks each
- No negative marking
- Total Marks - 400 Marks