University of Petroleum and Energy Studies plans to introduce M.Tech in Nuclear Science and Technology from the academic year 2014.
M.Tech in Nuclear Science and Technology program is aimed at providing students with an in-depth understanding of the varied aspects of atomic energy with focus on Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Plant Design, Reactor Operations, Nuclear Waste Management and the Radiological Applications of Nuclear Science.
The curriculum focuses on the development of practical knowledge to make the students immediately productive in several laboratories under the Department of Atomic Energy. It also provides the theoretical fundamentals to prepare the students to undertake research programs.
Programme benefits and career options would include:
- Careers in laboratories functioning under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)
- Nuclear Reactor Operations/ Design Expert in Nuclear Power Plant
- Industries using non-destructive techniques for mechanical analysis of materials
- Nuclear Radiation Safety and Environmental Management
- Medical Sciences, Nuclear Medicine
Duration of the programme: 2 years
Number of seats: 15
Eligibility: Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level (10th & 12th) and B.Tech / BE / M.Sc (Physics) with minimum 60% marks
Admission will be done through screening of application & interview
For further details, please visit the official website at http://www.upes.ac.in/mtech-nuclear-science-technology