USPs of the course: The MSc Audiology programme, taught at the Institute of Sound & Vibration Research at the University of Southampton, is a world-renowned postgraduate course for the academic training of audiologists. It is the longest-running degree course in Audiology in the UK (est. 1972), was recognized in the Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2005 and has consistently produced leaders in the field including those involved in establishing audiology in Jordan and Rwanda.
The course is designed both for those who are new to audiology and for existing audiologists, speech-and-language therapists and other health professionals who are seeking to develop their knowledge and skills.
It combines intensive taught scientific modules, extended group problem-solving activities, practical training, taster clinical sessions and a substantial individual original research project. Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities such as in-house Audiology and Auditory Implant Services and an open-access Audiology Skills Laboratory.
Ultimately, the course aims to develop the future global leaders of audiology by inspiring, challenging and supporting students to develop the technical, critical thinking, problem solving, team working and leadership skills required to be distinctive and successful graduates.
Course Duration: 1 year
Career Prospects for Course Graduates: Graduates have developed successful careers as leaders in audiology, auditory research, education and many other health-related fields, and in a range of contexts including hospitals, universities, research laboratories, businesses, charities and technology manufacturers.
- An upper-second class Bachelor's honours degree, or equivalent, is required, from an appropriate institution in a physical, biological, life or behavioral science or an engineering subject.
- Students with lower-second class Bachelor's honours degree may also be admitted if they have substantial evidence of relevant work experience and further training.
- Applicants must have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with minimum 6 in Speaking & Listening and 6.5 in Reading & Writing. The applicants will have to complete two short assignments for final selection.
Course Fee: £19570
Scholarships: Southampton International Merit Scholarships of up to £5,000 and Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are available to Indian students.
Commencing From: September 2016
Application Deadline: June 30, 2016.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Click here for application forms.