Department of Arabic and Persian, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, offers admission to Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Arabic and Persian, commencing in 2014.
The selection procedure should be followed as per the UGC norms and the schedule as below.
All subsequent notifications regarding the same will also be notified in the notice board of the department.
Admission to the Ph.D programmes is done through the Written Research Eligibility Test (WRET).
Syllabus of the WRET and ORET will be same as UGC / NET examination in Arabic and Persian.
Structure of WRET: 40 multiple choice questions, carrying two marks each and no negative marking, total marks 80. Duration will be one hour.
Candidates must have passed Master degree in relevant discipline from any of the recognised universities.
How to apply:
- Candidates have to download the application from the official website of University of Calcutta.
- The duly filled application form, along with a challan, before the payment it is to be endorsed by the HOD, which accompanied by a one-page research proposal and copies of MA mark sheet and NET / SET / M.Phil.
- Last date for submission of application form is 11th March 2014.
- Display of the list of eligible candidates on 31th March 2014.
- Date of WRET on 16th April 2014.
Head of Department of Arabic and Persian,
University of Calcutta,
Koilkata - 700073.