Department of Education, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, invites applications for admission to Master of Education (M.Ed) course, commencing in 2014-15.
The M.Ed course are offered in:
- Department of Education, C.U
- David Hare Training College
- Institute of Education for Women (for female candidates only)
- Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with 55% of marks from any of the recognised universities.
- Candidates must have a M.A/ M.Sc/ M.Com degree with 50% of marks from any of the recognised universities.
Admission test procedure:
- The students will be admitted on the basis of MCQ test, where the questions will appear from the three core papers of B.Ed. Syllabus, 2012 of University of Calcutta, on OMR sheet with 50 questions carrying 2 marks, adhering to the standardized format of MCQ of the University.
- For each correct answer 2 marks, for wrong answer minus 0.5 marks, and for unattempted questions, 0 (Zero) marks will be awarded.
- If there is a tie of marks obtained in the written entrance test amongst the candidates, then the candidates with less negative marking will be placed in higher position in the merit list than the other candidates.
Candidates will be selected based on entrance test score and interview conducted by the university.
How to apply:
The application form can be obtained from the office of University sales counter by paying Rs. 100/- (Rs. 50/- for SC/ST) in cash.
- Last date for the submission of application form is 07th April 2014.
- Entrance examination would be held on 03rd May 2014.
- Date of display of selection list is on 20th May 2014.
- Date of counselling is on 27th May 2014.
Faculty Council for PG Studies in Education,
Calcutta University, 87/1, College Street,
Kolkata - 700027.