Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) is a world class institute which provides excellent training ground for Marine Engineers and Nautical Officers. TMI welcomes applications from promising individuals who want to take up the challenge and reward offered by a seafaring career.
- B. S. Marine Engineering
- B. S. Nautical Technology
Candidates have to appear for an online test- TMISAT 2014.
TMISAT (Tolani Maritime Institute of Science Aptitude Test) is an online, multiple choice, objective test of multiple choice format covering Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Logic and analytical problem solving.
The test is designed to evaluate candidate's problem solving skills, reasoning skills, language skills, general knowledge, subject knowledge, aptitude and personality traits. This test is conducted in 11 centres across India.
1) Male candidates born on or after 1st September 1993 are eligible to apply for the 2014 batch. In accordance with Government of India guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1991, are eligible to apply for the 2014 batch.
2) Only unmarried candidates will be considered.
3) Candidates must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
- At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (P C M), and
- At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
Note: Candidates for the B.S. Nautical Technology programme must have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
Also read: How to apply for TMISAT 2014?
- Communication skills
- Temperamental suitability for a sea career
- Leadership qualities
- Physical fitness
- Aptitude for scientific concepts
Tolani Maritime Institute's selection process will test candidates on each of the above parameters by taking into account a candidate's 10+2 PCM marks, result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
For all eligible applications received by 19th March 2014:
The online test and interview will be conducted in the first to second week of April 2014 at Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Ranchi, Guwahati and Jaipur. Candidates will be shortlisted based on marks in PCM, online test and interview. The selection is also subject to medical fitness as per DGS norms.
For applications received between 20 March and 31 May 2014:
Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their PCM marks will be called to TMI campus in June 2014 for online test. Candidates will be shortlisted based on performance in above mentioned tests and medical fitness as per DGS norms.
Candidates have the option of taking either TMISAT or BITSAT-2014 (the BITS, Pilani entrance exam). Candidates who are appearing in BITSAT-2014 are exempted from appearing in the TMI online test. BITSAT score will be considered in such cases and evidence of the same will need to be provided to TMI.
Candidates who meet the performance target in the online test will be called for personal interview. Applicants will be interviewed by a panel of educators and maritime professionals to assess the applicants' communication skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities. Any extracurricular achievements of the candidate will also be considered.
Online and offline application options are available.
- Last date for availability of application forms: 31st May, 2014.
- Submission of duly filled application forms to TMI for taking TMISAT at National Centres : On or before 19th March 2014.
For further details and to apply click here