Thapar Universirty invites applications for its summer training programme on 'Internet and Web Technologies' for the academic year 2014. This programme is run by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Thapar University. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of the university.
- To acquainted with the cutting edge internet and web concepts.
- To learn and practice number of tools and technologies for web based development.
- To Learn internet programming through HTML, PHP, RDBMS, Server side programming.
- To expose project development process through continuous monitoring.
- Trainee will be well trained to develop professional grade web pages and web site.
- Trainee will be able to develop web based applications.
- Trainee will be exposed to various project artifacts.
- Trainee will be exposed to report writing for the project.
- Trainee will be ready to learn advanced web application development - like Web services through separate course.
Features of the course:
- Course material: Each Student will be provided course material.
- Attendance: 75 percent attendance is must for getting the successful training completion certificate.
- Lab assignments: Each student has to complete the assigned lab assignments on the same day.
- Project artifacts templates: Objectives, SRS Document, E-R Diagrams, Database Design, GUI Design, Backend design, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data, Source code, Documentation, User manual.
- Lab session: Each lab session will be handled by (2-3) well trained lab instructors. Each student will be provided separate machine for practice.
- Project work: A group of students (2-3) will be assigned a project which they need to complete during the training period and after completion of training each group is supposed to submit a short report on the project.
- Last date to apply: 20th May, 2014
- Course starts on: 27th May, 2014
- Course ends on: 4th july, 2014