Thapar university, Patiala, invites applications for its Master of Business Management programme 2014. Eligible students can apply online by logging on to the official website of the university.
About the programme:
The MBA Programme at LMT•SOM revolves around the principles of ethical decision making, inclusive human resources management, sustainable strategy development and entrepreneurial growth. The teaching philosophy underlying above principles is that future business managers and leaders will be working in a global environment and thus need to be nurtured with personalised attention. The MBA programme thus focuses on nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset, quantitative thinking, global orientation and consultative approach to solving the most challenging and complex problems faced by corporations and policy makers.
The programme is aimed at developing ethically responsible professionals who can
communicate effectively to frame problems, demonstrate leadership and nurture social and commercial entrepreneurial activities. A mix of diverse teaching methods such as case studies, focused workshops, lectures and discussions, simulation games, and collaborative learning is adapted to provide a holistic learning experience for the students.
- Graduate Degree in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or equivalent grade from recognised University/ Institute.
- Candidate must have valid CAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/GRE score/TU entrance exam.
- Candidates need to apply online for the MBA admission.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their CAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/GRE score/TU entrance exam.
- Final selection will be based on CAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/GRE score/TU entrance exam (40%), Group Discussion (10%) and performance in Personal Interview (50%).
Over and above seats:
- 15% seats are reserved for the FN/ NRI candidates.
- 1% seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar University. The candidates seeking admission under this category are required to satisfy the eligibility as mentioned above for General candidates.
- Last date for submission of application form : 14 March, 2014
- Online test to be conducted by TU : 29-30 March,2014
- Declaration of result of online test to be conducted by TU : 11 April, 2014