Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai has invited applications for admission to integrated Master of Philosophy Doctor of Philosophy (M.Phil-Ph.D) and direct Ph.D programmes in various research areas with the various schools and independent centres of the institute across TISS Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses.
Admissions are offered for the academic session 2016.
- Candidate seeking admission should have a minimum second class in master's or its equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognised university in India or abroad
- Candidate must have at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.5 under the seven-point scale of the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- In the case of Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks, or a grade point average of 3.05
- Candidates who are likely to complete all the requirements of their final year master's degree examinations by July 1, are also eligible to apply for M.Phil
- A minimum of five years of post graduation work experience is required for Direct Ph.D programmes. In case of the Integrated M.Phil-PhD Programme, there is no requirement of work experience. However, candidates with one to 2 years of work experience will be preferred
- For more information on eligibility criteria, visit the official website
How to Apply?
- Click Here to apply online
For more details and information on how to apply? visit their official website
- Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the TISS- Research Aptitude Test (TISS-RAT 2016)and personal interview conducted by the institute.
- Candidates who have cleared JRF, GATE and other relevant exams are also expected to attend the written test and personal interview
- Last date to submit online application form: January 15, 2016.
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates for RAT: January 27, 2016.
- Date of TISS Research Aptitude Test: February 12, 2016.
- Announcement of candidates invited for Personal Interview (PI): February 26, 2016.
- Date of Personal Interview: March 21, 2016 to March 31, 2016
For more information on college, visit the official website