Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU), Chennai has invited applications for admission to distance Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programmes.
Admissions are offered in the optional subjects: Tamil/ English/ Mathematics/ Science/ Social Science/ Computer Science/ Commerce/ Economics for the session January 2016.
- Candidates should have passed the UG degree examination in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 stream.
- Trained In-service teachers with D.T.Ed. in any Government recognised school within Tamil Nadu state are eligible to apply
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognised teacher education programme through face-to-face mode can apply
How to Apply?
- Candidate has to pay Rs 500/- for application form
- The application form can be obtained either in person or by post
- The application form and prospectus can be directly obtained in person either from the University Head Office or University Zonal Centres or B.Ed. Programme Study Centres through Cash or Demand Draft
- DD for Rs.500/ should be drawn in favour of "Tamil Nadu Open University" payable at Chennai
- Those who wish to get the application form and prospectus by post should send a demand draft for Rs. 550/- drawn in favour of "Tamil Nadu Open University" payable at Chennai to "The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Open University, 577 Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai-600 015"
- Candidates should write the following details on the back side of the demand draft in capital letters: Name of the applicant, Programme: B.Ed and Address with phone number
Selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the UG degree (rank list), other preference criteria and also following the community reservation policy of Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Last date for issue of application and prospectus: November 30, 2015
- Last date to submit the filled-in application forms: November 30, 2015
- Announcement of admission Results: December 11, 2015
- Starting date of B.Ed admission counseling: January 2016
- For more information on college and courses, visit the website