Takshashila Institution offers admissions into Graduate Certificate in Public Policy (GCPP) programme.
About the course
- The GCPP programme by Takshashila aims to equip dynamic Indians with knowledge, skills and exposure to public policy.
- It is a 12 week course which provides a firm understanding of the fundamentals of public policy and governance and enable participants to apply them in their professional lives and political discourse.
- The programme is designed to prepare participants to better engage in the public arena, as analysts, public officials, leaders or indeed, as active citizens.
- It is primarily delivered through online distance learning with two weekend policy workshops in Bangalore. The course is designed to be taken from anywhere in the world, and while working.
- Two core modules on policy analysis and economic reasoning form the backbone of the course.
- Students also choose an elective, from a range, which includes geopolitics, topics in geo-economics, public health, urban governance, national security, among others.
Who should take this course?
- The GCPP Programme is designed for citizens who want to take an active and a more informed role in public affairs.
- It is open to qualifying individuals from any sector, discipline or occupation.
- The programme meets the needs of those engaging in, or seeking to engage in a broad range of professions ranging from the media, civil service, non-government organisations, law, advocacy, regulatory affairs and international business.
Who are the faculty?
- Takshashila's unique networked think tank model connects to the best talent regardless of geographical locations.
- With fellows, members and resource persons in North America, Europe, Asia and India, each module is offered by one of the brightest minds on the subject.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply online.
- Application fees: Rs.500
- Normal course fee: Rs 25,000 (Additional government taxes might apply)
- Full-time students who have no other source of income, and others who can add value to the class but are unable to afford the fees at this time may apply for financial support.
- Last date for application: May 18, 2015
- Course commences: First week of June 2015
For further information, visit takshashila.org.in