- According to the new policy, 70% of the students will be admitted based on their performance in JEE Main 2014 and +2 examinations conducted by various boards across India.
- Applicant's rank will be calculated based on 75% weightage given to the normalised aggregate of +2 marks and 25% weightage given to the JEE Main scores.
- The remaining 30% of admissions will be based on the normalised aggregate of +2 marks alone.
- Admissions to M.Tech programme 2014 will be based on the performance of the candidate in GATE 2014 and qualifying degree scores.
- Candidates must have passed +2 examination with a minimum of 60% aggregate in Maths and Physics as mandatory subjects by a recognised State Board/ Central Board.
- Vocational students will be eligible based on the theory subjects taken.
How to apply?
- Candidates must fill an application form which can either be downloaded from the official website or can be collected in person at the University campus.
- The duly filled forms must be sent along with the demand draft of Rs 650/- drawn in favour of SASTRA University, payable at Thanjavur.
- The address to send the DD along with the application form is:
Office of Admissions,
Thanjavur - 613 401,
The existing system of reserving seats for Tamil Nadu, Trichy and Thanjavur will continue.
The admission process will commence from the 1st week of March, 2014.
Counselling will begin from 2nd week of June, 2014.
For further details and to apply click here