PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh, invites applications for its Bachelor of Engineering programme for the academic year 2014. The BE admissions to PEC for the session 2014-15 will be conducted jointly with five other technical institutes of the region by a Joint Admission Committee (JAC) notified by the Chandigarh administration. Students can enroll themselves by logging on to the official website of the university.
The participating institutes under JAC - 2014 are:
- PEC University of Technology (formerly Punjab Engineering College), Chandigarh.
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh.
- Swami Sarvanand Giri Panjab University Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur.
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh.
- The admission to the BE courses will be based on the rank list prepared by CBSE taking into consideration the score in JEE (Main) 2014 and normalised score in class 12th (60% and 40% weightage respectively). In addition to this, a candidate will be required to score atleast 15% marks in JEE (Main) 2014 and atleast 60% marks in class 12th. The candidates desirous of taking admission in any of the above six Institutes will have to register separately with JAC-2013 (Joint Admission Committee).The details of registration and the admission brochure will be available on the Institute/JAC website in the month of July, 2014. The student must fulfill the following conditions for taking admission to BE courses.
- The candidate must have secured atleast 15% marks in JEE (main) 2014, conducted by the CBSE New Delhi.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate (55% marks in case of SC/ ST/ Physically Challenged), conducted by a recognised Board/ University/ Council
- For seats and reservation please refer to admission brochure.
PEC University of Technology offers:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Production Engineering
Last date to apply: 10th July, 2014