SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute Of Management Studies (NMIMS), has announced admissions to B. Tech, BBA, B. Sc (Finance), B. Sc (Economics) and B. Com (Hons.) through NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) 2014.
- Candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent exam including international IB Diploma (IB certificate awarded is not considered) with English as compulsory subject with Science or Science Vocational or B. Com (Hons.) programmes (applicable based on the UG course chosen)
- Candidates must have a minimum 50% marks in PCM for Mumbai campus application and 45% marks in PCM for Shirpur campus application.
- Those awaiting their 10+2 exam result this year may also apply.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam by doing a part-time course or through distance learning/correspondence/externally/open school are not eligible to apply for the courses.
- Candidates should present a single marksheet .
- Candidates who have passed with compartment are not eligible.
- In case of CBSE, ICSE, total aggregate percentage of online HSC marks should be mentioned, not best of four, five or seven.
- Candidates appearing for their final 10+2 or equivalent examination can also apply provided they should obtaining the required minimum cut off marks and also producing all the necessary documents, in original, within the given stipulated time.
- Those candidates who have passed, or, are appearing for 10+2 examination from a board/university where Grade Point Average is given, such candidates must produce in writing from the board/university concerned about the equivalent percentage for the GPA obtained.
- Candidate above 25 years of age are restricted to apply for undergraduate programmes.
- For IB & Cambridge Candidates called for admission counselling on the basis of NMAT (UG) merit list & who do not have final marksheet will be given "Provisional Admission"based on predicted score. Fees will be accepted from such candidate but their admission will be confirmed on submission of final marksheet if found eligible before the commencement of the programme.
- It is sole responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess necessary and requisite qualification for the admission to the courses at NMIMS.
- NMIMS reserves the right to alter the terms of eligibility without intimation to the applicants.
Duration of the undergraduate courses:
- B. Tech: 4 year programme.
- BBA: 3 year programme
- B.Com (Hons.): 3 year programme
- B.Sc. (Economics): 3 year programme
- B. Sc (Finance): 3 year programme
Test Structure of NMAT (UG) 2014:
- It would be an objective type of multiple-choice test.
- There will be no descriptive type of questions
- NMAT (UG) 2014 will comprise the following:
*Proficiency in English Language - 50 questions
*Quantitative & Numerical Ability - 50 questions
*Reasoning & General Intelligence - 50 questions
*Composite time of 120 minutes for all test together
For each question for which a wrong answer is marked, 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted as penalty.
NMAT UG 2014 Test Centers:
- Delhi NCR
- Navi Mumbai
- Last date for online registration: 25th April , 2014
- Call letters available on website for NMAT (UG) 2014: 5th May , 2014, 5 pm
- NMAT (UG) 2014 online test will be conducted on 10th and 11th May, 2014, between 10 am and 12 pm. Reporting time: 8:45 am.
- Merit List of candidates selected for admission on the official website: 6th June, 2014, 5 pm
- Counselling and payment of admission fees: 7th to 14th June, 2014
- Declaration of 2nd merit list will be available on the official website (if required): 16th June, 2014, 5 pm
- Counselling and payment of admission fees (2nd list): 17th to 23rd June, 2014
- Declaration of 3rd merit list: 24th June, 2014
- Counselling and payment of admission fees (3rd list): 25th to 30th June, 2014
- Commencement of classes and closure of admission: 16th August, 2014
Students must apply online. Registration fee of Rs 1800/- (non-refundable) by credit card or cash at Axis Bank or by demand draft must be made.
For further details and to apply click here