- The minimum eligibility criterion is B. Tech degree in any branch of engineering with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
- Applicants who have qualified in reputed national or international tests for admission to business schools and secured high scores will get preference.
- The candidates appearing in B. Tech (final semester) examination may also apply for the above course. However, they have to produce their mark/grade sheet showing 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 in aggregate latest by 30th September, 2014 failing which their admission will stand cancelled.
- Applicants satisfying minimum eligibility criteria will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- If the number of applicants will be reasonably high, department may set a higher score in academic career as the minimum qualifying criteria to be called for interview.
- Final selection will be based on Group Discussion, Personal Interview conducted by the institute, academic career and score of reputed national or international tests for admission to business schools.
- The selection criteria for admitting the students may be above 60% of marks or CGPA 6.5 in B. Tech and valid scores of national level tests, career assessment, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Details about marks:
- Career Marks : 100
- National Level Test Score Value : 100
- Group Discussion : 100
- Personal Interview : 100
- Total : 400
Qualifying mark for merit list: 200 (50% of total marks) irrespective of category.
How to apply?
- Eligible candidates have to apply online.
- The details about online application and online fee payment of Rs. 500/- is available on the official website.
- Applicants are not required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document to NIT Rourkela. However, candidates who will be called for interview will be required to submit signed copy of the application form and a set of photocopies of all certificates to the HOD on reporting day of the interview.
- Additionally, they also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification to the Academic Office at the time of admission.
- Closing date for online application: 20th March, 2014
- Publication of list of applicants called for GD and Personal Interview in the institute website: 25th March, 2014
- GD, Personal Interview: 10th to 11th April, 2014
- Date of admission (tentative): 21st April, 2014
- Registration for the 1st semester (tentative):21st July, 2014
- Commencement of class for the 1st semester (tentative): 22nd July, 2014