National Institute of Technology (NIT), Goa has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme in Engineering & Technology and Humanities & Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English) for the academic year 2016-17.
Candidates seeking admission in NIT Goa should fulfill the following criteria:
Ph.D in Engineering and Technology Programme:
- Candidates must have completed master's degree in Engineering/ Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both bachelor's and master's levels from recognised technical institute or university (Minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates)
- Candidates will be selected for Ph.D programme based on their score secured in the GATE exam
Ph.D in Humanities and Sciences Programme:
- Candidates must have master's degree in Sciences or Humanities / M.Tech in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 60% marks in both bachelor's and master's levels from recognised institute or university. (Minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates)
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Ph.D. programme based on GATE score or CSIR/NBHM/UGC-NET qualified
How to Apply?
- Download application form from here
- Duly filled in application form must be attested with a crossed Demand Draft
- Demand draft of Rs 500/- should be drawn by the candidates belonging to General category and OBC while candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to pay Rs 300/-
- DD should be drawn in favour of "Director NIT Goa" payable at Ponda, Goa should be sent to NIT Goa, 403401
The envelope should be superscribed with "Application for full-time Ph.D. Programme (Odd semester 2016-17) for the Department of ____".
The admission to Ph.D programme will be offered to candidates on the below mentioned criteria:
- Overall academic performance and written test (fixed by the institute)
- Performance in interview conducted by the respective department
- Last date to receive application forms: June 06, 2016
- Date of written test/interview: July 04, 2016 and July 05, 2016