National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore has invited applications for admission to B.Sc/M.Sc programmes.
Admissions are offered in the following programmes at NIMHANS for the academic session 2016.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing
- Radiography, Anaesthesia Technology and
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Psychiatric Nursing programmes
Eligibility Criteria :
B.Sc Nursing Programme:
- Candidates should have passed pre-university examination, conducted by the department of pre-university OR
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course) OR
- Should have completed Senior School Certificate Examination, pre-degree examination (10+2) OR
- Must have an equivalent with 12 years of schooling from a recognised board or university
B.Sc Radiography Programme:
- Applicant should have completed pre-university examination, conducted by the department of pre-university OR
- Must have passed an equivalent examination recognised by the NIMHANS, Bangalore OR
- Should have completed job oriented diploma course from a recognised board Radiography as vocational subject or its equivalent
Candidates who are interested to pursue the course should fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicant should be a registered nurse & midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council with minimum passing of B.Sc Nursing/B.Sc Hons Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc OR
- Should have Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from any institute recognised by INC, with minimum of 1 year experience after B.Sc Nursing.
How to Apply?
- To apply online candiadtes should visit the official website
- The application fee Rs 1, 500/- should be paid by the candidates belonging to general category ( Rs 1,000/- for SC/ST candidates) for M.Sc in Psychiatric Nursing programme
- The application fee Rs 1, 000/- (per course) should be paid by the candidates belonging to general category ( Rs 750/- for each course for SC/ST candidates) for all other programmes
Admission will be offered based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance test, conducted by the institute.
- Last date to submit applications online: May 31, 2016
- Date of online entrance test: June 19, 2016