The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur has announced application details and examination dates for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test - NIMCET 2016.
NIMCET 2016 is held for admissions into Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme offered by the National Institutes of Technology ar Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the academic session 2016-17.
The registrations for the same have begun and will end on April 18, 2016. The NIMCET entrance examination will be held on May 28, 2016. For further details about application process read on.
- Candidates should have secured about 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent in B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA / BIT, a full-time course of minimum 3 years or
- Candidates should have a undergraduate degree in B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent from a recognised university with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- For SC/ST candidates the minimum required marks is 55% or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale.
- Candidates who are yet to qualify the examination, those who are in their final year degree can apply.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online on the official website of NIMCET 2016.
- Application fee of Rs.1800 are to be paid by general category students and Rs.900 for reserved category students.
NIMCET 2016 Exam paper pattern:
- The examination will be held for 2 hours.
- The paper will have 120 multiple choice questions. The subjects will be as follows:
- Mathematics: 50 questions
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: 40 questions
- Computer Awareness: 10 questions
- General English: 20 questions
- Candidates will be selected based on their marks obtained in NIMCET 2016.
- Last date of receipt of online application form: April 18, 2016
- Admit cards will be available for download: May 16, 2016
- Date of NIMCET 2016 examination: May 29, 2016
- Results of NIMCET 2016 (tentative): June 6, 2016
Also read: Top 10 MCA Colleges Across India