New Delhi, June 01, 2016: Missouri State University (MSU), a long-established university of mid-west US, has invited applications for its Administrative Studies Graduate Programme, titled Master of Science in Administrative Studies (MSAS).
The interdisciplinary programme aims at enhancing administrative abilities with core focus in areas like Applied Communication, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Individualized Studies, Producing and Screenwriting and Sports Management.
MSU is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, US, which ensures that the MSAS programme, along with other university programmes, meets standards for excellence in higher education.
Elaborating on the programme, Bradley V Bodenhausen, Assistant Vice President for International Programmes, Missouri State University, US, said, "The Master of Science in Administrative Studies (MSAS) is the most-sought after programme because of its interdisciplinary nature. The MSAS programme prepares an individual for a variety of administrative positions in a wide range of organisations like defence sector or private investigative firms. Successful completion of the programme would not only expand a student's knowledge base and skills for enhanced administrative roles within organisations, but also make him/her a global citizen, given his interaction with cross-culture peers, faculty and relevant industry people during internships."
Students can take course work that builds competencies in organisational communication, information systems, health, cyber security, project management etc.
Why choose MSAS at Missouri State University:
- The Master of Science in Administrative Studies (MSAS) at MSU is one of its kind and fully accredited programme in administrative services. It is designed for individuals who are highly motivated to pursue an advanced degree with specialisations in various cross-disciplinary areas like applied communication, criminal justice, homeland security, environmental management, producing and screenwriting and sports management.
- The curriculum facilitates a combination of quality teaching, with experience through internship and service-learning opportunities to promote community involvement and to provide vital job skills.
Who Can Apply?
Students with a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university can apply. Besides, a GPA of 2.90 is considered evidence for an applicant to handle graduate work and hence, is preferred. Applicants for the MSAS degree with a GPA less than 2.90 are strongly encouraged to submit other indicators of their potential to succeed, such as GRE/GMAT scores, proof of a strong work experience, portfolio and the like.
Benefit to Indian students:
- The curriculum offers a global perspective to work in a variety of communication industry settings.
- The well-organised on and off campus housing facilities at MSU are a boon to Indian students.
- Exposure to new cultures at MSU as it has over 1,500 students from over 85 countries which render ample opportunities for cultural exchange and developing networks.
Date of commencement: 16th August 2016 and 09th January 2017
Duration: 18 to 24 Months
Tuition Fee: USD18000/- (Entire Course)