Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, invites applications for admission to Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D), commencing in 2014.
Eligible candidates have to clear the Written Aptitude Test to register for the Ph.D, 2014 programme.
- Candidates who have passed the postgraduate examination in any discipline from Mahatma Gandhi University or from any of the other universities recognised as equivalent thereto, securing not less than 55% marks in aggregate, are eligible to apply for the Written Aptitude Test.
- For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks required for application is an aggregate of 50% in the postgraduate examination.
- All the candidates who desire to apply for Ph.D admission in the university schools / departments / inter university centres and approved research centres have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test.
Exemption from the Written Aptitude Test :
The following categories of candidates are exempted from appearing for the Written Aptitude Test:
JRF candidates .
- UGC Teacher Fellows .
- M.Phil & M.Tech (all disciplines), MD & MS (medicine) holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the university departments and the government / aided colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Candidates who have become qualified in the NET / SLET / GATE / GPAT or other tests conducted by such government bodies as UGC, CSIR,ICAR and DST.
- DST women scientist awardees.
- KSCST / INSPIRE fellowship awardees.
- Scientists from the accredited R&D institutions.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of Mahatma Gandhi University.
- The filled in application with enclosures should be addressed to the Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarshini Hills P. O, Kottayam - 686560.
- Candidates have to remit Rs 1,000/- as application fee. Fee can be remitted through Mahatma Gandhi University cash counter / SBT chalan. For SC/ST candidates, the fee for application is Rs 500/- .
Last date for the submission of application form is 10th March 2014.
Mahatma Gandhi University,
Priyadarshini Hills P.O,
Kottayam - 686560.