The Mahatma Gandhi University located in Kottayam, Kerala has invited applications for admissions into its various undergraduate law programmes for the academic session 2016.
Admissions are offered at the Mahatma Gandhi University at the School of Indian Legal Thought (SILT) for the current academic session. The programmes offered are 3 year Bachelor of Law (LL.B) programme and 5 years integrated Bachelor of Business Administration Bachelor of Law (BBA+LL.B) honors programme.
Candidates who are interested to pursue law at the MGU can find here details about eligibility criteria, application procedure, selection procedure, important dates and more.
For LL.B Programme:
- Candidates must have bachelor's degree in arts/commerce/science with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate from any college or university that is recognised by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
For BBA.LL.B (Hons.) Programme:
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 from a recognised board of school/institute with not less than 50% percent marks in aggregate.
Candidates taking up their final examination or those who are awaiting their final exam results can also apply.
How to apply:
- Applications are available only on the official website of the university. Application forms are not available at any other source.
- Candidates have to pay application fee of Rs 500 at the university cash counter or in form of DD drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Mahatma Gandhi University.
- The duly filled in application forms must be sent to the Director, School of Indian Legal Thought, Mahatma Gandhi University, Suryakalady Hills, Nattasserry, S.H. Mount P.O., Kottayam - 686 006, Kerala.
- Candidates shall be selected based on the marks secured in the entrance test.
- Last date to apply: June 30, 2016
About Mahatma Gandhi University
Mahatma Gandhi University, one of the four affiliating Universities in Kerala, is the premier educational institution that strives to fulfill the higher educational needs of the people of Central Kerala. Set over 100-acre Priyadarsini Hills Campus at Athirampuzha, 13 kms off Kottayam, the University also has ten satellite campuses. The University was established on 2nd October 1983. The University that conducts a range of programmes at the undergraduate, postgraduate, M Phil and doctoral levels through its 18 University Departments, 1 International Inter University Centre, 6 Inter University Centres, 8 Inter School Centres, 36 Self-Financing Departments, 75 Aided Affiliated Colleges (of which five colleges have become autonomus), 220 Unaided Affiliated Colleges and 273 Recognized Research Centers.