Jawaharlal Nehru university, invites application for its various Ph.D programmes for the academic session 2014-15. Eligible candidates can apply online by logging on to the official website of the University.
- School of International Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Computer & Systems Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Arts and Aesthetics
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (10) School of Biotechnology Centre for the Study of Law & Governance
- Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies
- Candidates are requested to refer to the eligibility requirements for direct admission to Ph.D. programme for each School/ Special Centre in the 'Instructions for completing the Application Form' which are available on JNU website along with this Application Form.
- Please Note that the applications of the candidates whose M.Phil/ M.Tech/ Pre-Ph.D/MPH results are not available will not be considered under any circumstances. Hence, the applications of only those candidates can be considered whose results are indicated/available in the application form.
- Candidates enjoying employed status and selected for admission shall be required to produce Leave Sanction Order for a period of two years at the time of admission/ registration. However, there is a limited provision for exemption of this requirement to candidates employed in research and teaching Institutions located in NCR.
How to apply:
- Candidates are requested to fill in separate Application Form for each discipline.
- Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form in all respects. Duly filled in Application Forms can be submitted by Registered Post to Section Officer (Admissions), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067 or in person in Room No. 28, Administrative Block of the University on or before 31st January, 2014.
- Candidates are requested not to send their application forms through private couries services.
- Before filling in the Application Form, please make sure that you fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements as prescribed by the University for Direct admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates are required to enclose Demand Draft drawn in faour of Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi.
- For General and OBC Category : Rs.420/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 220/- for processing fee)
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST and Physically Challenged (PH) Category : Rs.310/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 110/- for processing fee)
- For candidates belonging to BPL Category : Rs.110/- for processing fee
- For Foreign National candidates : Rs.1750/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 1550/- for processing fee)
For more details click here.