Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry invites applications for admissions to Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) and Master of Science (M.Sc) courses, commencing in 2014.
The B.Sc courses are offered in:
- B.Sc in Nursing
- B.Sc in Allied Medical Sciences (Medical Laboratory Technology, Cardiac Laboratory Technology, Dialysis Technology, Neuro Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Perfusion Technology, Radiotherapy Technology).
The M.Sc courses are offered in:
- M.Sc in Nursing
- M.Sc in Allied Medical Sciences (Medical Biochemistry, MLT-Microbiology, MLT-Cyto Pathology, Medical Physiology)
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- Overseas citizen of India can also apply.
- He / She has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2014.
- The higher / senior secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Botany and Zoology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of 10+2+3 or Higher Secondary Examination (+2) Vocational Stream with medical laboratory assistant or any equivalent examination.
- Passed the qualification of B.Sc in Nursing degree of this Institute or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof.
- Minimum of one year of work experience prior or after Post-basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Candidates who have obtained Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing (P.B.Sc Nursing) qualification from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) are not eligible for admission to M.Sc.(Nursing) course at JIPMER.
How to apply:
Candidates have to fill application form online.
- B.Sc Nursing & Allied Medical Sciences: UR/OBC: Rs 600/- & SC/ST: Rs 400/-.
- M.Sc Nursing: UR/OBC: Rs 700/- & SC/ST: Rs 500/-.
- M.Sc Allied Medical Sciences: UR/OBC: Rs 700/- & SC/ST: Rs 500/-.
- Last date for online registration of applications on July 15.
- Admit card will be available from July 19.
- Entrance examination will be held on July 27.