Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar has invited application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme under the "Visvesvaraya Ph.D Scheme for Electronics and IT".
Applications are invited for the academic the session 2015.
- Candidate should have a minimum grade point average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in M.E / M.Tech/ M.S in Electronics/ Communications/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical/Mechanical/ Microelectronics/ Solid-state Technology/MEMS/ Nano Science/ Nano Technology/Material Science/Engineering Physics or equivalent. or
- Candidate should have a minimum grade point average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in Bachelor degree in Electronics/ Communications/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a valid GATE score.or
- Candidate should have a bachelor degree in Electronics/ Communications/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical/ Mechanical or equivalent from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0. or
- Candidate should have first Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in Master's or equivalent degree in Physics/Chemistry or relevant Science subject/B. Tech. in engineering physics with valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET or an equivalent qualification.
How to Apply
- Candidates can visit the official website to apply online
- Selection of candidate will be based on written test followed by interview, mere fulfillment of the above mentioned qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be called for Ph.D entrance test
- Last date for online application: June 21, 2015.
- For more information, courses, visit the website