IIT Madras has invited applications for admission in its PhD courses (January - May 2017). The notification has been released on the official site of IIT madras. The BE/ B.Tech students can apply for the direct PhD programs (MS + PhD).
The last date to apply is October 24, 2016.
- Candidates with a Master's degree or Master's by Research in Engineering/Technology with good academic record
- Candidates with Master's degree in Sciences with good academic record and of exceptional merit are eligible for relevant engineering disciplines (as decided by the admitting departments)
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score or UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration
- Candidates having Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct PhD Programs in various departments
- For other details about different programs and eligibility, read the official brochure
- Research scholars admitted to PhD and MS programs under regular scheme are eligible for Half-Time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA).
- PhD scholars will get an HTRA of Rs. 25000 per month for first two years and Rs. 28000 up to 3 years
- Scholars enrolled in MS programs will get HTRA of Rs. 12400 per month up to 3 years
How to Apply:
- Go to the official site
- Click on 'Click here to Sign in / Sign up'
- Click on 'Create new account'
- Once you create the account with a valid email id, login credentials will be sent to your mail id
- Log on to fill up the application form
- Make the payment of application fee
- Take the printout of the submitted application form
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and/or an interview by the respective departments
- Selection will be done based on the academic record and interview