IIT Madras invites applications for its Master of Technology (M.Tech) programme for the academic year 2014. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of IITM.
The four-semester M.Tech programme offered in various disciplines and programmes by different departments of the institute are based on the credit system and provide a student with a wide choice of courses. Each programme comprises of several core and elective courses and project work.
For GATE qualified candidates:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government.
- Master's degree in Chemistry/ Life Sciences/ Mathematics/ Physics related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government.
- Degrees obtained through Distance Education/ Correspondence Mode for the qualifying degree specified above. The departments will follow test/ interview procedure for screening in such cases.
For IIT graduates:
Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech degree and having CGPA of 7.5 and above for SC/ ST and 8.0 and above for others can apply without GATE score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective departments.
For sponsored candidates:
- BE/ B.Tech degree from AICTE recognised engineering colleges/ university with first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years (GATE score not needed)
- AMIE or any other associate memberships listed above (GATE score not needed)
- Last date to apply online: 12th April, 2014
- Last date of receiving signed applications form: 15th April, 2014
For more details, click here.