IIT Jodhpur invites applications for its Undergraduate Research Initiative (UGRI) programme for the academic year 2014. The Undergraduate Research initiative (UGRI) Programme at Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IITJ) provides an effective platform to the students to engage in research with faculty members of the Institute. Also, they can get a chance to develop valuable mentorship through the guidance of experienced faculty of the Institute. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IITJ.
(a) Guidelines for non-IIT Jodhpur students:
Students willing to apply for UGRI Program of IITJ need to submit their application form online at www.iitj.ac.in/ugri2014. During the online submission, the students must submit a proposal (in pdf format) on the research which she/he would like to carry out at IIT Jodhpur. The proposal must be written formally indicating the name of the faculty member of IITJ with whom she/he is interested to work with. Students are advised to visit the web pages of faculty members of IITJ to learn their interest. Students should not contact any faculty member of IITJ during the application process. The selected students have to submit a no-objection certificate from the HOD/Principal of his/her Institute/University at the time of joining the UGRI program, if accepted. Selected students have to stay on the IITJ campus for a minimum period of 60 days for being eligible to receive the certificate. The students must have a health insurance valid for at least 3 months.
(b) Guidelines for IIT Jodhpur students:
A student can utilise the UGRI opportunity by opting for a faculty member from the institute who consents to be the mentor during the period of summer UGRI programme. The students must finalise the mentor with whom she/he willing to work during the UGRI program before submitting the online application form at www.iitj.ac.in/ugri2014. During the online submission, she/he must submit a letter of recommendation from the mentor, along with all the other details asked for.
(c) Instructions for writing a research proposal:
The proposal must provide the following information-
- Abstract (maximum 500 letters).
- Objectives and expected outcomes.
- Significant impact to the society.
- Outlines of procedures and methodologies- The proposal should not exceed four A4 pages or 1200 words.
- Start of online application for UGRI 2014: 5 March, 2014
- Last date for submitting online application form: 30 March, 2014
- Announcement of selected candidates on IITJ website: 10 April, 2014
- Confirmation from the selected applicants: 25 April, 2014
- Commencement of the UGRI 2014 programme: 6 May, 2014
- Submission of research report and presentation of seminar: 14 July, 2014
For more details, click here.