IIT Jodhpur invites applications for it Doctoral in Philosophy programme for the academic year 2014. The aim of the PhD Program is to develop graduates having good knowledge and research training in classical and emerging areas. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of the IITJ.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Including Electrical, Electronics and Communication)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy, Economics, English, Psychology
- Materials Science
- Biological and Cognitive Sciences
- Applicants with a master's degree in engineering namely M.Tech, ME, M.Sc (Engineering) or MS by research with at least 60% marks or at least 6.5/ 10 Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Such students are required to have at least 60% marks or 6.5/ 10 CPI or CGPA in Bachelor's degree.
- Applicants with a master's degree in sciences with at least 70% marks or at least 7.0/ 10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE, CSIR, UGC or NBHM score card. Such students are required to have 70% marks or 7.0/ 10 CPI or CGPA in bachelor's degree.
- Applicants with their bachelor's degree in Engineering with :
(i) A B.Tech, BE or B.Sc (Engineering) degree with at least 80% marks or at least 8/ 10 CPI or CGPA and a valid GATE score, and
(ii) A B.Tech degree from any of the IITs with at least 8/ 10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE Score Card.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send the online generated summary sheet and final submitted application duly signed, along with a copy of GATE, NET, CSIR, UGC or NBHM score card (copy of GATE-ADMIT Card or equivalent, if the result is awaited) and the processing fee of Rs.300 for General and OBC applicants and Rs.150 for SC, ST, and PD applicants, in the form of a demand draft drawn from a nationalised bank in favour of "Director, IIT Jodhpur" payable at Jodhpur.
Last date to apply: 24th March, 2014
For more details, click here.