The programmes offered are:
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics)
Admissions are offered for the academic session 2016-17. Interested candidates can get complete admission details here. Read further for eligibility criteria, application procedure and more.
- Candidates should have a degree in B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university or institute.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST candidates) in their bachelor's degree.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score are eligible to apply.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Candidates applying for more than 1 discipline must submit separate application for each discipline.
- Candidates are required to save and take a hard copy of the completely filled application form for future reference.
- Candidates will be selected for admissions based on their performance in written test and interview.
- Limited number of Candidates will be invited for a written test and interview based on their academic records and GATE score.
Written Test Paper Pattern
- The test will be based on topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), engineering mathematics, and basic courses in various disciplines up to 3rd year of undergraduate programme.
Note: Candidates who do not qualify the written test need not appear for the interview.
- Start of online application: March 20, 2016
- Last date for online application: April 8, 2016
- Short-list of candidates for written test or interview: April 21, 2016
- Written test or interview: May 15, 2016 - May 19, 2016
- Announcement of list of selected candidates: May 7, 2016