Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes offered in various disciplines for spring semester.
Admissions are offered for the academic year 2015-16.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates should have passed master's degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ ST)
- Candidates should have Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) OR
- Master's degree in Science or equivalent degree, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) OR
- Master's degree in Arts/Commerce or equivalent degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST), only for admission to the Ph.D. programs offered by the Industrial
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website
How to Apply?
- CLick Here to apply online
- The application fee is as follows:
GN/OBCNC male candidates is Rs 300/
Third Gender (T) candidates: Rs 300/-
GN/OBCNC Female candidates: Rs 150/-
SC/ST Male candidates: Rs 150/-
SC/ST Female candidates: Rs 150/-
- The application fee should be paid through Demand Draft. DD should be drawn at any nationalised bank in favour of "Registrar, IIT Bombay", payable at Mumbai branch
- The candidate must write the Name, Application number or GATE registration number and email address on reverse side of the demand draft
- Printed copy of application along with the relevant documents and Demand Draft should be sent to the address mentioned.
- If the candidate already paid the application fee through Debit Card/Credit Card /SBI Internet Banking/Online Payment System, you do not have to submit the printed copy of the application. Applications without online payment details/ Demand Draft will not be considered.
Selection Procedure for IIT, Bombay:
- Admission is offered based on the interview
- The interview may be supplemented by a written test. Merely satisfying the general eligibility criterion as well as criterion set for each admission category is no guarantee for being called for test/interview.
- Depending on the number of application received and considering the constraints of time and other resources for conducting written test and Interview, the Academic Units may put additional academic performance based short listing criterion.
- Candidates called for the written test/Interview under Teaching Assistantship (TA) category will be paid single second class return railway fare by the shortest route (as per rules) from their place of residence to the Institute.
- Last date to submit the application : October 15, 2015
- Click here for information on entrance test and interview
For more information on college and courses, visit the university's website