Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhubaneswar, invites application for admission to Joint Master of Technology (M.TEch) - Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme, commencing in 2014.
This programme has been designed to encourage bright students with research aptitude to enroll themselves for Ph.D. after completion of 3rd Semester of M.Tech. Programme. Desirous students having CGPA 8.0 and above at the end of 3rd Semester of the M. Tech. Programme are eligible to opt for Ph. D. Otherwise a candidate can continue with his M.Tech. programme if he is not qualified for Ph.D. Programme.
The programmes offered in:
- Applied Geosciences
- Civil Engineering
- Climate Science & Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Thermal Science and Engineering
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in engineering discipline with 60% of marks or M.Sc in relevant discipline with 60% of marks from any of the recognised universities.
- Selection of candidate is based on performance in GATE and personal interview/written test or both.
- The weightage for GATE Score and written test/interview will be 70% and 30% respectively.
- Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Bhubaneswar
A candidate who fails to appear for the personal interview / written test will not be considered for admission.
How to apply:
- Application form can be filled online.
- The completed application have to take print out and sign and send to Officer on Special Duty (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, Toshali Bhawan, Satyanagar, Bhubaneswar - 751007, Odisha along with the requisite fees and copy of the enclosures attested by a Gazetted Officer or equivalent. Please superscribe"Joint M.Tech. -Ph.D. Application" on the top of the envelope.
- Application fee is Rs. 300 for General and OBC candidates and Rs.150 for SC/ST/PC candidates.
- The application fee must be in the form of a dd drawn in favour of "IIT Bhubaneswar" on any nationalised bank payable at Bhubaneswar.
- Female candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
- Last date for online application form is 30th April 2014.
- Last date for receiving hard copy of the application form is 02nd May 2014.
Toshali Bhavan, Satyanagar,
Bhubaneswar - 751007.