Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme, commencing in 2014.
The Ph.D programmes are offered in:
Astronomy and Astrophysics, Aerospace Engineering, Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences, Computer Science & Automation, Earth Sciences, Electrical Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Design & Technology, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Nanoscience and Engineering, Neuroscience, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Product Design & Manufacturing, and Supercomputer Education & Research.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/Technology; or Master's degree in Science in an appropriate field; or Bachelor's degree in Science (with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry as subjects of study) followed by AMIE, AMIIChE, Grad.IETE etc.
- Master's degree in Engineering/Technology in an appropriate field.
- Pass in one of the following National Entrance Tests is mandatory and must be within the cut-off marks announced : CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF or ICMR- JRF; or INSPIRE Fellow; or GATE; or JEST or NBHM.
How to apply:
Candidates have to fill the application form online.
- For general / OBC candidates: Rs 600/-.
- For SC / ST / PH: Rs 300/-.
- Last date for receipt of application form is October 24, 2014.
- Date of interview on November 17 - 18, 2014.
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore - 560012.