Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) invites applications for its Post Graduate Diploma courses for the academic year 2014. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of IIMC.
1. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Odisha), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam(Kerala)
2. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
3. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
4. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
5. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia) Dhenkanal (Odisha)
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/ are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply
As per the government of India's orders for SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC candidates.
- Candidates will be selected through an entrance examination which will be conducted by the IIMC at various centres across the country.
- Application form for course numbers- 1 and 2 is common. However, there are separate application forms/ entrance examinations for course numbers-3, 4 and 5. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one course will have to fill separate application forms for each course they wish to apply for.
How to apply:
Application forms can be purchased in person or by post:
Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs.1100/- for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to 'Registrar IIMC at New Delhi'.
For online application process:
The application form can be filled after downloading from www.iimc.gov.in. Each application form must be accompanied by a demand draft of Rs. 1200/- for general and Rs.1100/- for SC/ ST/ OBC/ physically handicapped categories drawn in favour of 'Registrar, IIMC New Delhi'.
Courses numbers: 1 and 2 Rs. 55,000/- each, Courses numbers: 3 Rs. 1,00,000/-, Courses numbers: 4 Rs. 77,000/- and Courses numbers: 5 Rs. 30,000/-.
Last date to apply: 30th April, 2014.
For more details, click here.