Indian Institute of Health Management and Research (IIHMR), Jaipur, invites applications for its Master of Public Health programme 2014. This programme is jointly run by IIHMR Jaipur and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHBSPH). Applicants can apply online by logging on to the official website of IIHMR Jaipur. This programme focuses on public health capacity building in developing countries. The programme is intended for citizens and residents of India and low and middle income countries in the region.
The curriculum is designed to cultivate students' health management skills so that they will be prepared to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of public health programmes and services. This programme will prepare professionals for challenging careers in managerial positions in public health for both public and private sectors, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and national and multinational organisations.
- He must possess a Bachelors degree
- He should have taken prior courses in subjects such as Mathematics and Biology
- English proficiency in written and verbal communication (Should have either taken TOEFL or had studied in college with English as primary language (TOEFL may be waived)
- Standardised test scores- Official scores from one of the following tests are required of all MPH applicants: GRE, MCAT, GMAT, or LSAT. (The standardised test score may be waived for applicants possessing degrees beyond the baccalaureate level; however, quantitative skills must be demonstrated from the transcripts or prior professional work).
- Desirable should have a minimum of two years of full-time health-related work experience beyond the bachelor's/master's degree (unless the applicant has earned a doctoral degree, e.g. Ph.D or medical degree).
Regional applicants from surrounding low and middle-income countries first must contact the MPH coordinator at the Indian Institute of Health Management Research by email at email@example.com and apply by sending the pre screening questionnaire and a recent CV/ Resume for the pre screening of the applications. Following pre-screening, each eligible applicant will receive an email with a unique login ID and password that they will need to use to access and complete their personalised electronic application on the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health website.
The application fee is $45 (US dollars).
Last date to apply- 14th February, 2014
For more details click here.